Tuesday, July 5, 2011

What I did on my Birthday


On my birthday I started out with a run, which felt great. When I returned home I found Kyle had made me German pancakes-- so thoughtful and yummy. Kyle's coworker arrived to catch a ride with Kyle, and the coworker gave me a poptart and a candle for my birthday, both of which Jason put to good use immediately upon coming down for breakfast. We kept each other entertained by singing several rounds of "Happy Birthday to Mommy" and "Happy Birthday to Jason," complete with Jason's blowing out the candle each time.


My friend Shauna offered to watch Jason during the morning so I could have some alone time to do whatever I pleased. I used the time by finishing up some birthday shopping for Jason, which I have a feeling is what I'll be doing every year on my birthday. But what I was shopping for didn't matter-- I enjoyed my alone time immensely.

After shopping Shauna and I took the kids to the park for some playing and lunch. Following lunch Jason gave me an awesome birthday present by taking a long nap. I used the nap time to relax with a book.

Megan watched Jason in the evening while Kyle's parents took us out to dinner. I chose Thai food, and the new restaurant we tried was well recommended. I love Thai food.

I didn't have any presents to open because they are already out in my living room: a new mirror and lamps.

In the evening Kyle surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of flowers and some chocolate cake. What a fabulous way to finish off a great day. The great thing about birthdays in my family is they get celebrated for more than one day. I still get to look forward to choosing a special Sunday dinner, going out to eat with my parents, and to using the concert tickets they gave me.

1 comment:

Heather said...

yay we are soo excited for the concert with you guys in August!!!! Happy birthday Katie--I'm so glad you are my sister! love, Heather