Wednesday, July 6, 2011

We Partied Like Two-Year-Olds

We had a family birthday party for Jason the Saturday after his birthday. On the menu were some of Jason's favorite things: hotdogs, watermelon, and cupcakes. The adults got to enjoy other yummy side dishes as well. Several people from both sides of the family came.



Jason got to open more presents, much to his joy. But he couldn't go on opening presents forever, much to his disappointment. When he was finished he said, "I want to open more presents."



Instead of baking a cake, we baked cupcakes because those are Jason's favorite. He loves how easy it is to hold it and lick the frosting off the top. He doesn't eat the cake part-- just the frosting. And since it was his birthday we let him lick three that night, and five two days later.


After dessert came water games (thanks to a new water toy from Grandma Linda). Jason was a little apprehensive about this new sprinkler toy, but we know he'll grow to love it. My brother Matt was brilliant and brought some fireworks to add excitement to the evening. The sparklers, flowers, and pop-its were a hit with the kids. I guess we've got to take advantage of his having a birthday so close to July 4th, although I never did as a kid.


We're very grateful to have this cute two-year-old in our lives.

1 comment:

grandmalinda said...

Jason, Happy Birthday! You are growing up so fast. Grandpa and I love you very much!! Thanks for letting us help celebrate your birthday :)