Thursday, November 4, 2010

Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!


For Halloween we dressed up as Dorothy's worst nightmare: lions and tigers and bears. The only problem is most people thought I was a mouse or a cat. Nope. I was a bear.

Before trick-or-treating we had a birthday celebration for my oldest sister Brooke. I made a graveyard cake for her. On the tombstones are the words "Happy Birthday," among other Halloween phrases. Yes, birthday cake on Halloween was overkill. We didn't eat any of it that night, but I still wanted Brooke to feel special.



Kyle and I had a blast trick-or-treating with Jason, despite the pouring rain. We went out at the worst possible time, but how were we to know it would stop raining an hour later? We had a huge umbrella all three of us fit under, so we still had fun as we watched Jason's eyes grow larger and larger with each handful of candy that was thrown into his bag. I'm just grateful he hasn't yet figured out where I hid the bag.

2 comments:

grandmalinda said...

You guys looked awesome all dressed up for Halloween. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, and now that I have grandchildren it is so much fun to see them all dressed up. Jason you are the cutest tiger ever!!

Adam and Lisa said...

Lions and tigers and bears, super awesome!!! By the way, you are quite the impressive cake maker/decorator!