1. Tour Sweet's Candy Factory. The tour itself was really interesting. The problem was Jason. Once he figured out exactly what we were seeing (and it didn't take him long to notice candy), he tried to get at it the whole time. Three samples were not enough for him. He wanted something in his mouth the whole time. I had to physically hold him back throughout the whole tour. I was worn out at the end and pampered myself by buying some salt-water taffy-- peppermint flavor of course.
The lighting in the picture is bad, but you can sort of see the hair nets we had to wear during the tour. The up side to Jason's drive to get at the candy was that he forgot about the hair net and let it be.

2. Friends party at a cabin in Heber City. Danielle invited us to her parents' cabin. Kyle and I were jittery with excitement for this party because we got to leave Jason behind in the care of his grandmas. It was magical: child-free, lots of snow, awesome food, fun games, good conversation, incredible decorations, and even a bit of sliding down the road on the way home. Newlywed games never do get old, do they? Thanks for hosting, Danielle.

3. Jazz game against New Orleans. We won! Kyle, who remembers every game we've attended, says we are starting a new winning streak. We had a long streak from the time we were dating where the Jazz won each time we went, but that ended in a playoff game against the Lakers. Now we can start a new streak. I am glad I have Kyle to keep track of this stuff for me.
4. Radio City Rockettes show with Holly. Pretty amazing. I am glad there is still a national production that isn't afraid of acknowledging that Christmas is about Christ's birth. It is fun to have a girls' night out every once in a while. And we didn't feel bad about leaving our husbands behind because we let them watch the BYU football game in peace earlier in the day.
5. Black Friday. Not so fun, but worth mentioning. I had my first experience this year of going to Walmart's midnight shopping on Black Friday. Not Worth It. At least not for what I was getting. I'd rather pay two extra dollars for the toy and keep my normal sleep patterns. It has taken me a while to get my normal self back. I must be getting old.
6. Jordan River Temple. I have an awesome new friend (Shauna) and we swap babysitting so we can both make it to the temple each month.
We're looking forward to more fun stuff, including Kyle's work party, skiing, BYU basketball game, temple square, and getting together with family.
No comments:
Post a Comment