Friday, July 11, 2014

The Karren Fest: A Medieval Reunion


 The Karren Fest: A Medieval Family Reunion
June 26-28, 2014
Camelot Resort at Strawberry Pinnacles (Fruitland, Utah)

Reunion Goal: To strengthen our family through Unity, Love, Friendly competition, fun, and turning our hearts to our Fathers as we gain an appreciation for those ancestors who left their homelands to create a better life for their posterity.

Jason's favorite activities:
  • Dragon egg hunt
  • Roasting Marshmallows
  • Floating down the river in a tube 



Noah's favorite activities:
  • Tire Swing
  • Wearing a tunic and having a sword fight



Kate's favorite activities:
  • Hiking
  • Hearing stories about ancestors
  • Watching slide-show of old family photos
  • Watching family coat of arms procession and jousting competition


Kyle's favorite activities:
  • Floating down the river with Jason
  • Pushing the kids in the tire swing
  • Playing frisbee
  • Hiking





Least favorite activity: Camping with Noah. He did not earn his camping merit badge! He had a hard time settling down, and then had to sleep between me and Kyle on the air mattress.


 I am very grateful for my mother's and Aunt Joanne's hard work in planning this reunion. They did a wonderful job accomplishing the reunion goals. We all had fun and felt more connected to our wonderful family, both present and past. My mom told me that she and Joanne both felt guided by the spirit as they were planning this reunion. I made a goal to come home and read up on my family history. To help myself reach my goal, I have banned myself from checking out any more novels from the library. I am so grateful to my ancestors for all they did to give us a better life.

3 comments:

Carrie and Tyson said...

That looks like so much fun!

Unknown said...

I loved reading your blog about our reunion and I have such great memories of our special time together. It was sure fun working with your parents.

Unknown said...

That comment was actually from Joanne.