We finally moved Jason to a big boy bed three months before his fourth birthday. Up until this April, Jason stayed in his crib once we put him in for the night, so we figured, "Why change a good thing?" Jason finally started climbing out of his crib four or five times a night for various bedtime curtain calls: "I need water," "What was that noise?," "I need more light," etc. Since the crib was no longer keeping him contained, we made the switch to the big boy bed. Luckily we already had the bed in our storage room, thanks to Kyle's parents handing down furniture.
When I asked Jason what kinds of sheets he wanted, he said "Angry Bird sheets." His latest obsession is playing any form of Angry Birds. He plays it on Kyle's iPod touch, he plays it with a real hands-on Angry Birds game we got him for Easter, and he plays human Angry Birds (he is the pig and we get to knock him over).
Because Jason was in the crib, Noah has slept in the pack-n-play since his birth. We moved Noah to the crib at the same time we were moving Jason to the bed, but Noah stopped taking two naps when we did that. I decided we weren't quite ready to be doing one nap 100% of the time, so we moved Noah back to the pack-n-play for now and the the two naps have reestablished themselves.
No comments:
Post a Comment