Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Stomach Bug + Weekend = Tender Mercy

Poor Jason can't go a day without catching a new virus. We've had fever after cold after fever after cold, etc. I'm trying to be a good mom and resist the urge to use hand sanitizer constantly because I have faith that this will build him a good immune system for later in life.

He's had a yucky cough lately, and this weekend, he got a stomach bug on top of it. I am very grateful that he had the bug on the weekend because Kyle was around to help-- one of God's tender mercies to me. I don't know how I would have cleaned up vomit and consoled Jason at the same time, and overall dealt with the stress on my own. I tried to do it on my own at first because Kyle was at church, but whenever I sat Jason down so I could clean up, he came walking back to me, screaming to get back in my arms, regardless of the mess he was walking through. So Kyle left church early and we weathered the storm together. Thanks for your help, love! You kept me sane.

Another tender mercy: Kyle and I haven't caught the bug yet! Hopefully we will escape it.

2 comments:

John, Jess, Ellie, Cade, Eden & Scarlett said...

Having a little one throwing up has got to be the worst. It's so sad, and sooo uncontainable! I hope he feels better soon. I think the winter when kids are 1-2 is always the worst--they catch everything at that age. Rest assured it will only be better from here! (At least in my experience.)

Heather said...

oh so sad!!!!!! Poor little guy. You two are such good parents. I hope he gets better soon. We sure missed you guys on sunday!