Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Kennecott Copper Mine

Kennecott Copper Mine had free entrance this week, so Jason and I met up with Melissa and her kids. This mine is the largest man-made pit in the world, and it can be seen from outer space. I thought it was really cool. I hadn't been since my 5th grade field trip. Kyle hasn't ever been, so we'll definitely return sometime with him.

I forgot to take a picture of the mine, but we got a picture next to this tire, which is an actual tire they use on their HUGE trucks. They make Diesel trucks look like toys.

2 comments:

Heather said...

hahaha, I cracked up that you forgot to take picture of the actual mine. Sounds fun, I haven't been since 5th grade either. Jason looks darling, I hope to see you guys soon, love you!

Adam and Lisa said...

How fun! We have never been there either--yet another reason to come and visit!!! ;)