Friday, July 2, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me


I just made my final passage into adulthood (according to car rental companies) by turning 25. Thanks to my sister Heather for giving the greatest gift ever (babysitting), Kyle and I had a big date night to celebrate.

We started off with dinner at a Mediterranean restaurant called Mazza. So delicious! And part of the fun was eating such exotically named foods. The English major in me delighted in such brilliant descriptions:

Ful Mudammas: A blend of fava and garbanzo beans cooked to tender perfection and blended with fresh mint, garlic, lemon juice, tahini, and spices.....

Chicken and Cauliflower Kebseh: Seasoned morsels of chicken, braised in a rich broth of tomatoes, onions, and fragrant spices until very tender....

Shawarma: didn't write this one down, but here is Kyle eating it.



Reading these makes me want to go again. Too bad I don't braise our chicken in fragrant spices until very tender. Our dinners would be a lot yummier.

As we were driving into the city for a play, we spied this lovely tavern and had a big laugh. I love Salt Lake City.It reads: "The Tavernacle Social Club; Where everyone else goes to Sing!"


On my actual birthday my sister Brooke invited me and Jason over for lunch. This was also an awesome birthday present because I didn't have to fix lunch, and we got to play with cousins, which made the day pass quickly.

This is a picture of me and Jason after I successfully blew out all 25 candles in one breath, for the second time. I got birthday cake with both Kyle's family and my family. I love doing that because it drags out the birthday celebration, which makes having a birthday so much more exciting. Thanks everyone for making my birthday so special.

5 comments:

Heather said...

I'm glad you found the resturant! I was right on the name!! Love you Katie, glad you had such a wonderful birthday! Sorry the play wasn't much to brag about, haha.

Noelle said...

I even talked to you today and didn't wish you a happy birthday. What a bad friend. Happy BELATED birthday! I loved your post and it reminded me how much I too LOVE mediterranean food. The tavernacle cracked me up!

grandmalinda said...

Looks like you had a great birthday. I am glad that you and Kyle were able to go out and celebrate together. We love that you are part of our family!

Jill said...

Hey Kate!!

I randomly happened upon your blog just now and I'm so glad I did! You have such a darling family...You little Jason is a complete doll. it looks like things are going well for you guys!

Oh, and happy Birthday!

Crystal and Rosario said...

I know this is super late but Happy Belated Birthday!