Monday, May 16, 2016

Mother's Day 2016

Kyle always does a great job on Mother's Day. He lets me get out of the house to do some shopping without kids, and he takes care of food and dishes. But this year Jason also tried hard to make sure Mother's Day was special for me, so it was that much more awesome.

The celebrations actually began on Saturday. All I wanted was to go shopping for new clothes. Karren and my mom met up with me at the outlets, and we had a lot of fun together. Kyle was awesome and let me be gone as along as I wanted. While I was away, the boys did some Mother's Day shopping of their own. When I returned home around dinner time, Jason kept saying, "If you're excited for tomorrow, raise your hand." Everyone raised their hands.

Jason announced Saturday night that he needed to wake up before me to finish up some things, so could I sleep in? Yes sir! Poor Kyle got to get up with them at 6:30am. When I rolled out of bed at 8:00, I got clearance to come down the stairs and found these two Angry Birds waiting to great me. This was the early morning project Jason had wanted to finish:



Next, Jason told me that I had to earn my cards and presents by playing games. Jason, Noah, and I played games like "Go Fish," "Uno," and "duck, duck, goose." After I played one game, I got to select one item to open. Meanwhile, Kyle was in the kitchen preparing a delicious breakfast and keeping Levi entertained. I couldn't have planned a better start to Mother's Day: all play and no work.

Other notable happenings that day include talking with Blair (on his mission in Bolivia), and eating dinner at my parents' house. I definitely felt loved. And I love my boys back! So glad to be a mom.

No comments: