Thursday, March 5, 2015

Getting Ready for Baby to Arrive


The weekend after Noah's birthday was potty training weekend. That weekend also happened to be Valentine's Day. It was my decision to do it that weekend because I feel the baby countdown moving quickly. I let Jason take my place as Kyle's date to the BYU basketball game that night. Kyle informed me that I am a much better date than Jason is; Jason was asking to leave the game after consuming his pretzel, and then he lectured Kyle on the way home about how he had chosen a bad date. Why couldn't they have gone swimming or bowling instead, Jason wondered? 

Unfortunately, potty training weekend totally tanked. Noah was totally against getting potty trained, and so we will wait and try again in the summer. Fortunately, I got a Valentine's date two weeks later to a Jazz game, and I didn't complain at all :).

Again feeling the baby countdown, we just moved Noah into the bottom bunk (his first big-boy bed) in Jason's room. Double cold turkey. The first night was totally wild. Noah didn't get much sleep, and neither did we, but we've had progress and are hopeful that this will actually work out faster than potty training. Jason loves sharing a room. He's been waiting for it for a couple months now. Hopefully he won't get tired of it too soon.

No comments: