This cutie just turned three! To celebrate his big day, we went to Arctic Circle for lunch. After lunch we went with our friends, the Mayers, to Jungle Jim's Playland, where they have rides just for kids. Noah loved going on all the rides, including the roller coaster. I was sure grateful we had eight-year-old Joaquin along with us to help Noah because I was far too pregnant to go on the rides. After spending 2 1/2 hours there I was ready to go home and get ready for dinner, but Noah was sure sad to go.
Dear Noah,
You are growing into such a big boy. Turning three signals big changes coming for you--big changes which will move you from being a toddler to a little/big boy. Very soon you will get potty trained, move to regular bed, share a room, become a big brother, and start preschool. Thinking about all those changes is both exciting and sad for me. I have sure loved having you as the baby of the family.
Right now your imagination is fantastic. You love to pretend we are so many different people and creatures throughout the day. An idea will strike you and you will say, "Let's play a game. I am (blank) and you are (blank)." If I forget who we are pretending to be and call you by the wrong name, you are quick to reprimand me.
Jason and you are still good buddies. I love it when Jason takes your hand to help you around church or to get across the street. And it is always fun to have a built-in-friend when we go to the park. But you and I are the best buddies. You are quite content to stay at home with me as long as you can get me to participate in your imaginary scenarios.
Your favorite toys to play with are trains and legos. You can play for hours with your new legos, and you are constantly building long trains of toys throughout the basement. As soon as I get one cleaned up, you start a new one.
Once you get focused on a fun activity, it is very hard for you to leave what you are doing, whether it be to get your diaper changed or to get in the car. I have carried you out kicking and screaming many times. Sometimes I feel quite exasperated with your stubbornness, but then you turn around and tell me, "I'm so happy"and it melts my heart. You are a good example to me of how we should express our happy feelings out loud because it helps others feel good too.
I know that getting a baby brother will be a hard adjustment for you, but I know you will grow to love him as much as Jason has grown to love you. I love you so much, and I am grateful to be your mom.
Love,
mom






No comments:
Post a Comment