Monday, August 11, 2014
The Cupcake and the Ants
Noah had an awesome experience with ants the other night. We gave each of the boys a cupcake to eat in the backyard. As is often the case, all of the frosting was devoured while most of the cupcake was left on the grass. Jason finished his cupcake early and went inside with Kate. Once Noah was done with his, we made our way inside. On our way inside Noah saw one of Jason's large chunks in the grass and went in for a closer look. It was covered in ants. I didn't think anything of it and kept walking inside. Noah said, "No Ants!". When I turned back around, I saw him sticking the chunk in his mouth. I quickly said, "No!" but he had already started eating it. As soon as I had said no he started crying. It could be that he started crying because I startled him, but he quickly began sticking his fingers in his mouth and pulling out the crumbs and ants. I had to take him to the kitchen sink and clean out his mouth the best I could. It is very possible that Noah had some ants for dessert that night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment