Dear Noah,
Happy 1st birthday! I am so glad we have you in our lives. You have been such a joy to have around. I love seeing how wonderful everything is through your eyes. I get so excited for you to experience new things because I know how excited you will be.
Watching your personality develop has been so fun for me. You were quite an easy-going baby, but as you neared your first birthday, a feisty side began to emerge. You can sure let out a holler when we take something away from you or try to change your diaper or get you dressed. You are still pretty easy to please most of the time, and for that I am forever grateful. I guess you've learned that as child number two, you have to make your wants and needs known so you don't get left behind.
Your favorite way to move around is still that army crawl. You are pretty fast at it with two months' practice. I have seen you crawl on your hands and knees a few times (like when you are totally naked), but once your clothes are on, your belly hits the floor and you take off. I don't think you'll be walking anytime soon. When we try to help you walk, you have no idea what to do with those legs. But you still know how to get around to whatever it is you want.
I love how you and Jason are best friends already. Jason absolutely adores you. He takes care of you by letting me know when you are spitting up on the carpet, eating something you shouldn't be, or heading for the stairs (he lies on top of you so you can't go any farther, which makes you hollar, and I have to come rescue you from both Jason and the stairs). Jason also lets me know when you wreck his train tracks or try to take Jason's special race cars. But for the most part you two get along well because you love each other's company.
Having an older brother certainly has its advantages. You already know how to push cars and trains around and make car and train sounds. You also know how to dog pile on top of your brother. Jason loves to say your name, "Noah," over and over until you repeat it back to him by saying "Oah." You also try to say hi, ball, and of course, mama.
love always,
mama
No comments:
Post a Comment