Saturday, March 3, 2012

New Year's Resolution

We had one New Year's Resolution for our family: get rid of Jason's pacifier. Jason had stopped taking naps on his own, so we decided the "paci" was no longer serving a useful purpose. I waited two months to write about it because I wanted to see if we were successful or not (we tried to do it a year ago, but ended up going back to the pacifier).

We opted to go cold-turkey by cutting off the tip of the pacifier and telling Jason it was "broken." It was quite a heart-wrenching experience for the whole family when Jason found out about his broken paci. He was crying so hard that Kyle and I nearly started crying, but we both tried hard to put on brave faces for Jason and tell him it was OK. One of the hardest parts was helping Jason understand that there was no fixing the pacifier. In Jason's mind, Daddy can fix anything, so he kept asking when the pacifier was going to be fixed. It took at least two weeks for him to get over losing his pacifier, if not more.

I was nervous that when baby Noah came home with a pacifier, Jason would regress, but I can happily report that has not been the case.

No comments: