Thursday, December 8, 2011

I Love this Picture


I love this picture because I think it shows what a fun kid Jason is. Here are a few funny things I want to remember:

  • Because Jason is the only child, he tries to get me and Kyle in on his imaginative play by making us talk to his toys. Every day Kyle and I get to talk to Lightning McQueen, Mater, the airplane, the dog, or whatever it is Jason is playing with. This activity gets tiresome quickly for we parents because the toys do not talk back, and one-sided conversations are hard to carry on for a long time.
  • When Uncle Mitch asked Jason what he was going to name his little brother, Jason said "Peter Pumpkin Eater." When Kyle gave Jason the option of naming little brother Peter Pumpkin Eater or Finn (as in Finn McMissile from Cars 2), Jason chose Finn.
  • Costco is now a favorite place to visit because we all love the samples. 
  • Jason LOVES looking at Christmas lights. Despite frigid temperatures, he likes to go on evening walks through the neighborhood to look at lights. 
  • Pacifier use is restricted to nap time, bed time, and long car rides. Every time we get in the car Jason tells me "this is a long car ride" because he wants to bring his pacifier along.
  • Jason is a total candy monster. I'm not sure he's ever experienced the feeling of having had enough candy. When I say candy, I'm not talking about chocolate; he loves hard candies and gummy candies.
  • People still comment on Jason's red hair everywhere we go. We're lucky to have such a good-looking little boy.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Love this adorable picture! -Valerie