My brave knight is changing so fast. I want to record a few of the things he is saying and doing so I can remember them when I am old, or even next month.
Cute sayings:
- Jason often says "I want to tell you something," and then when I say "What?" he always asks me a question.
- When he climbs up the neighbor's playhouse ladder, he likes to talk to Kyle about his day while standing on the upper rungs. He'll climb up the ladder and say, "I want to talk to you." He'll then tell Kyle about his day by telling Kyle where he went and things he did.
- Jason saw 2 jet streams crossing each other in the sky, making a type of "X". Jason saw it and said, "Mom, the alphabet is in the sky!"
- Jason says he has a baby in his tummy, too.
- Jason makes a lot of his requests and wishes known by asking questions that begin with "should". Should we eat dinner? Should we sing ABC's? Should we go for a walk?
- Driving home after dark, Kyle once remarked to Jason that it was dark outside. Jason agreed and then asked, "Daddy, are you dark?" I can feel this innocent question coming up in some Sunday School analogy in the future.
- Jason loves to look at pictures and tells me to "read" them. That is to say, he wants me to name every person in the pictures, every time we look at them. He has his relative's names down. Unfotunatley, he also wants to know the names of the people who don't really have names, like unimportant people in his stories, or the girl on our tide box. He won't take "I don't know" as an answer, so I have to make up names for everybody.
Cute doings:
- Jason loves the movie Rio. This movie has made him very interested in flying. He loves to make his toys fly. He also loves it when Kyle flies Jason in the air. One time Jason was jumping around on the couch and he jumped on top of me (I was also on the couch). I scolded Jason and told him he should not jump on mommy. Jason corrected me and said he was not jumping, he was flying. We now have to add "No flying on mommy" as a rule on the couch.
- Along with his interest in flying has come a renewed interest in Buzz. Buzz sat unloved for a few months after Jason's original fascination, but Buzz is now happily flying around our house, in the car, and in the yard. We are lucky Kyle is so good with screws and super glue because Buzz has had many crash landings. Jason always says "Daddy can fix it" whenever something breaks. Luckily Kyle hasn't had to disappoint him yet.
- Tracing hands in colored pencils is a favorite activity. I mostly trace Jason's hands, but he will sometimes do mine. He also likes to tell me to draw things, like a gray giraffe, or a pink scare-crow, or a peach elephant. He's got his colors down pretty well.
- His imaginative play is really starting to grow. He likes to growl like a dinosaur. He loves to cook food for me. He can make me endless batches of soup, which I find hilarious since he himself will not eat any soup. He has also started feeding his toys food and assisting them with other tasks such as going to the bathroom. I quickly investigated one day after hearing the toilet lid open. I found him holding a stuffed dog on the seat. He told me the dog was "going potty." As cute as it was, I don't want to fish dropped toys out of the bowl, so I told him dogs go potty on the grass.
- I taught Jason how to speed-dial Kyle's number from my phone. Now Kyle gets a phone call from Jason whenever Jason can get his hands on my phone, even if Kyle is in the same room. Watch out! I might teach Jason your number next!
- Today I enjoyed watching Jason and Kyle chase each other around the front yard. At one point Jason laid on the ground and Kyle jumped over him, which he enjoyed having Kyle repeat over and over. Jason then got the brilliant idea that he should jump over Kyle. Kyle bravely laid down on the ground. I braced myself as an onlooker, knowing full well what would happen. As I predicted, Jason jumped and landed right on Kyle's legs. Jason was thrilled and proudly declared that he had jumped over daddy.
- Today I also heard Jason singing up in my bedroom. I went up to investigate, and found that he had been going through Kyle's bedside table. Jason found a small hymnbook and started singing the two church songs he knows over and over: I am a Child of God, and I Know My Father Lives. Grandma Diane was at our house and she was impressed with how well he knew all the words. I was impressed too because Jason usually wants me to do the singing. His little brain is absorbing so much!


2 comments:
i love this post...Jason is a cutie, and Austin loves having a good cousin friend :)
This was a great post about Jason. I want to be on his speed dial list..teach him my number, please. Jason is growing up so fast, he is going to be a great "big" brother. I love you Jason...grandma Linda.
Post a Comment