Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Watch Cars

Yesterday I had a proud parenting moment when I realized that something I'd been teaching Jason had sunk into his brain. Before crossing the street together, we have this routine where I point one way and ask him if he sees any cars coming. If the answer is no, we check the other way, and when we find that all is clear, I say "OK, let's go." However, yesterday when we were crossing the street to swing at the neighbor's, I did my own mental check and skipped our routine. I just grabbed his hand and started crossing the street. We got about 1/3 across the road when Jason stopped, turned, and ran back to our driveway. When he got the driveway he turned to me and said "Watch cars," meaning, we forgot to watch for cars before crossing. I was so happy he remembered how important that step is. I am really amazed at how smart he is getting.

1 comment:

grandmalinda said...

Way to go Jason, you are a smart boy, and way to go Kate for teaching him so well.