
We had the Jesse and Diane Hunsaker family reunion in Park City this year. Except we were missing Diane. Our awesome mom volunteered to miss out on the family reunion so she could stay with Brynn while Natalie is on bed rest in the hospital. We all missed not having the Kansas clan and my mom around, but not as much as my dad did. But Dad did an awesome job pulling off the reunion by himself. Thanks so much! We are so grateful to have an amazing family. Here are my top six highlights:
1. Boating at Jordanelle. This was Jason's first time being on the boat and he loved it once he resigned himself to the uncomfortable life jacket. Because water is his favorite toy, he loved watching the wake behind the boat. He kept wanting to jump into the water. I knew the water was cold, so I thought I would just dip his toes in the water to show him how cold it was, thinking that would change his mind about getting in; it didn't. He wasn't satisfied until he was in the water up to his belly.

Megan and Jason. This is what poor Jason's hair looked like after being slathered in sunscreen and blown in the wind.

Jason helping grandpa drive. He especially had fun with the horn.

2. Eating candied apples, ice cream, and chocolate and caramel covered pretzels at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory on Park City's Main Street. So delicious.
Ava
Sadie

Heather, dad, Megan, Tyson

Kyle, Jason, Megan, Tyson

3. Hiking. Jason screamed when I first put him in the backpack, but he quickly warmed up to it and loved it. Looks like Kyle and I need to go on more hikes.
4. Alpine slide and Coaster. I didn't bring my camera. Thanks, Kyle, for staying with Jason while he napped so I could get out.
5. Utah Symphony outdoor concert at Deer Valley playing music from Led Zeplin. I credit my brother Matt for introducing me to his music.
6. Just hanging out with family. I loved how the days flew by with all the aunts and cousins around to help entertain Jason. We pulled off some yummy dinners in the condos. Heather and Mitch taught me and Kyle how to play "Ticket to Ride." We thought it was a fun game. I just hope Mitch will play with us again after Kyle sabotaged his effort to build the longest train.



Last of all is not a highlight, but a lowlight. Jason discovered we were all sharing a room and decided he would rather play with us than sleep through the night. Sleep deprivation prevailed. We won't be sharing a room with Jason again any time soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment