Monday, April 17, 2017

Levi Turns 2

We had beautiful weather on Levi's birthday, so we chose to start off the birthday celebrations at the park. We purposely went to the park where my water broke with Levi 2 years ago. Levi's birthday was over spring break, so I invited other families in the neighborhood to join us at the park for cupcakes. He was so excited for the cupcakes, and he had no idea that all the fuss and singing was for him. It was pretty cute.






After the park we went to McDonald's for lunch with Grandma Linda and got happy meals with toys!


Grandma and Grandpa Hunsaker joined us for a pizza dinner and  more cupcakes in the evening. What a great day!




Dear Levi,

It is so exciting that you are two years old. Already you are proving to be your own person, and not just miniature versions of your brothers. We are constantly amazed at how advanced your gross motor skills are--probably a result of trying to keep up with the big boys. At 22 months you decided to take over Noah's 3-wheeled scooter and taught yourself how to ride it. At 24 months you decided to move on and take over Jason's 2-wheeled scooter. It is hard to keep up with you.

Your advanced gross motor skills come at the expense of your expressive language skills. That is to say, you are quite behind on your speech. We had you evaluated, and you qualified for help with a speech therapist. The speech therapist comes to our house twice a month, and you love those visits. Since I have yet to record your first words, I will mention that now. Your first words were "woof" and "uh-oh".

You love to follow your brothers around. It breaks your heart when you get left behind. Mostly you love daddy. You have been a daddy's boy for quite some time.

People always comment on how smiley you are. You really are a happy kid, except for when we make you come inside. I think you would live outdoors if you could. I think another good reason for your happy face is that you are sleeping well at night and for naps. May you keep sleeping well for another year at least!

I love you so much!

love,

mom

No comments: