Sunday, September 6, 2015

Not So Fun Weekends

Hi Megan,

We've had some not-so-fun weekends, but all in the pursuit of happiness. That is to say, last weekend we decided we needed to take away the pacifier from Levi. He was used to falling asleep with it, but as he got older, it became a problem because it would fall out and he wouldn't go to sleep. Levi ended up being our hardest to sleep train. We had to endure a lot of crying. For several naps he cried for an hour before we rescued him. The first night he cried off and on for three hours before I gave up and rescued him. I thought I was a hardened mother, but I was a bit of a wreck. I lost my appetite, but kept eating to keep up my milk supply. I couldn't sleep well. My stomach was in knots. But after 24 hrs, something clicked! He's doing great now and falls asleep with a couple minutes or less of crying. 

This weekend we've moved on to potty-training Noah. It seems to be going fairly well. I think this time we'll stick with it (we had to abandon our first potty training attempt back in February). He's pretty motivated by all the treats and prizes and stickers we have going this time around. Another motivator is going to preschool in the fall. Still, it's been crazy, and we're stuck at home. I will be glad when we're a couple weeks down the road.

Jason is doing great in school. He has been a great helper in potty training Noah because he gets a share in the treats and prizes. We're probably spending double the money on it all, but it is worth it because Noah will sometimes listen to Jason better than me.

I loved your shower story. Quite funny. I'm hope you got to share that with your writing group.

love,

Louie

No comments: