The first two weeks were the hardest. Having to do home bilirubin therapy for 4 days did not help my mood. We had to keep him on this bilibed all the time, except for nursing when he got to wear this biliwand. Kyle and I got to take turns camping out in the room with Levi.
Jason and Noah love Levi so much, but show it differently. Noah loves to look at Levi and shout Levi's name, but he's not really interested in holding him. Jason, however, loves to hold Levi. Jason also loves to be in charge of putting in Levi's pacifier when he is fussy. I particularly appreciate that Jason can keep the pacifier in during car rides.
Looking back, I am amazed at how easily Noah adjusted to having a baby in the house. He was never jealous of me holding Levi, but he did want to stay with me at home rather than go to other people's houses. The first couple of weeks he kept saying, "Our next baby will be a girl." I took that as a sign that Noah was not emotionally scarred by the new baby-- not as a sign that we will actually have another baby, let alone a girl. Noah still sucks on his two fingers and carries around his blankie and bear, but those have been blessings because he can keep himself soothed.
Levi has been a great eater from the start, which I know is such a blessing. He seems to be an average baby in the sleep department, but we're happy with that. He follows in Robbins fashion to not sleep much in the car seat.







No comments:
Post a Comment