Kyle and I celebrated our 8th anniversary this October. It was Kyle's year to plan the celebration, and he went all out this year. He planned a trip to Maui, which we were able to take a month late in November. It's a good thing we had that trip to look forward to, because our October anniversary date this year had some dead ends (gift cards not working, dance sold out), but at least we can still have fun just hanging out!
In Maui we stayed at the Wailea Marriott Resort. We enjoyed amazing snorkeling right from our resort. We were both a little nervous doing it at first, but then we settled in and became amazing beginners.
Enjoying our outdoor Luau:
I found this little guy in the hotel room and released him back into the wild:
Whoops! I meant this little guy:
We enjoyed the views and hikes around Haleakala National Park:
We also survived the Road to Hana! Actually, we survived beyond the road to Hana. We drove right on through Hana to the tropical side of Haleakala National Park where we enjoyed hiking the Pipiwai Trail to see this beautiful waterfall and the Pools of Oheo. The bamboo forest that we hiked through was pretty amazing too.
Mostly we just enjoyed being together in a such a warm, relaxing, romantic, and beautiful place. We are so grateful to the grandmas and aunts and cousins who looked after our kids so we could enjoy this trip. The boys thought they were the ones on vacation because they had so much fun. Noah was asking to go back to Grandma Diane's house the day after we got home. And if you missed our subtle announcement with the Halloween pictures, I am expecting baby #3. In these pictures I am 16 weeks along.
Thanks for a great celebration, Kyle. I love you!




No comments:
Post a Comment