Sunday, June 1, 2014

Memorial Day 2014

We enjoyed spending lots of time with family this Memorial Day. The morning started off with a hair-cut for me and then family pictures in American Fork. I hope we got some good smiles. 

While Kyle helped move Valerie's furniture, the boys and I had fun playing in Alpine. We had a barbecue at my parents' house. After dinner we all went to Alpine Cemetery to visit Anne's grave. We enjoyed listening to my parents remember some of the experiences they had had with Anne. While the adults talked, Noah was climbing around stone walls and benches and he fell down. When we picked him up, he kept crying over and over, "I died! I died!" It was pretty funny to hear him say that in the cemetery. We've never talked to him about death, but I guess he gathered that piggies die when they fall over in Angry Birds, so he must have died when he fell over.


Noah is becoming quite the chatter box these days, spouting out three-word sentences. He loves to repeat everything we say, although when he brings up his own subjects, we still have to listen hard to figure out what he is saying. His favorite way to apologize is to give a kiss on the lips-- so watch out! It is pretty cute to see him pucker up for Jason and his friends kisses when I tell him to say sorry. 

1 comment:

grandmalinda said...

It was so fun to read your posts. I loved seeing the pictures you shared! The boys are sure growing up fast. Grandma Linda loved spending time with them while you were away.