Sunday, November 4, 2012

Kyle's Golden Birthday

We celebrated Kyle's golden birthday this year-- he turned 28 on the 28th. In honor of the golden birthday, I planned a pirate birthday party in which we went on a hunt for gold. Pirates in attendance included Jason, Noah, me, Heather, Mitch, Kelli, Tom, and Kyle.

We had butternut squash soup in pumpkin bread bowls first. After dinner we went on a treasure hunt around the neighborhood looking for gold. I left clues in friends' yards. One of the houses we stopped by actually had a haunted house going on that we previewed early (before any actors haunted it). We eventually found a bag of golden Hershey's Nuggets buried in our sandbox, marked by an X. 


We returned to the house to carve pumpkins and eat a treasure chest cake--filled with gold. Jason was an excellent helper putting the birthday candles in the cake. 







I also want to note that earlier in the day I set up a surprise tennis date with Quinn and Kyle. Poor Kyle hadn't played tennis in over a year (babies, work, house projects, yard maintenance, and scout campouts happen). When Kyle got home he said, "That was the best birthday present ever!" Yes! I'll have to remember that easy present in the future.

Kyle's mom made a fried chicken and mashed potatoes (Kyle's favorite) dinner in honor of Kyle's and Quinn's birthdays.


Happy Birthday, love! We are so glad we could celebrate with you. 

1 comment:

grandmalinda said...

What a great son!!! Happy Birthday Kyle, we love you. Thanks Kate for making it extra special..looks like everyone had alot of fun.