Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Summer Snapshots

Visiting with old friends.Our friend Richard got married in May. It was a great opportunity to recconnect with all the old high school buddies. I love this picture of the boys with their boys.



We also got a nice visit from the Halls, who came from California.



"Driving" the tractor at Uncle Calvin's. Jason preferred to sit on this big, quiet thing over riding on 4-wheelers. I suppose he prefers the quiet life.

First time bowling. Jason loved it. Too bad we won't go again for a while. We don't set aside much money for bowling in our budget.



Kyle's summer work party was at a Bee's baseball game. Jason was kept well entertained by all the food Kyle's work provided. Jason also enjoyed clapping and shouting along with the crowd and searching for the Bee mascot. 



Playing around with daddy.



Family fun at Thanksgiving Point's Animal Farm. I wasn't sure if Jason would be brave enough to get on the horse, but peer-pressure already works on him. All the cousins were doing it, and Jason didn't want to be left behind. He ended up loving it.




Thanksgiving Point's Dinosaur Museum.



Highland Day's carnival. We enjoyed family dollar night.



Fun at the park. We spend a lot of time at the park. We also love to go to the splash parks, but I don't have any pictures of those this year. And why don't we see very many tire swings? We found this one in Logan at the Karren Reunion. Jason and Brynn loved it.



I chopped my hair! How many inches? I'm not sure. Maybe 5? I went from about an inch longer than this length...


To this length. I do miss my longer hair, but I have loved feeling cooler during the summer.



Jason's first time roasting marshmallow's. We did it in my parent's backyard. I was so excited to introduce this great American pastime to him, but as soon as we began I was scared to death he was going to poke my eye out, burn himself, or fling a flaming marshmallow into someone's face. He thinks he's way too independent. Luckily none of those things happened. 



Boating! Jason loves going on the tubes.

1 comment:

Heather said...

man he is a cute kid. I just wish he would play with me more. I bet when the baby comes he will be dying for my attention! muwahahA!